..to preserve the heritage of railroading through a series of miniature representations of California railroads, research and preserve the history of model railroading, and educate the public in the many different aspects of railroading.
Visitor Services Associate - Position Open Immediately
The Admissions and Gift Shop Assistant is responsible for operations of the gift shop and admissions of the San Diego Model Railroad Museum. This is a professional position requiring a high level of skill and competency and the ability to work with limited supervision and to make duty-related decisions. A professional demeanor is expected at all times, with a strong work ethic, high energy and enthusiasm.
Responsible for overseeing and operating the Gift Shop as a service to park visitors and museum members. Duties include but are not limited to admissions sales, merchandise sales, light record keeping and other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Able to assist customers in a helpful, friendly, and courteous manner
• Good communication skills
• Able to accurately handle money and balance accounts
• Relates well to people of all ages from a diversity of backgrounds
• Adapts well to changing demands
Experience and Qualifications:
• High school education/GED required.
• Experience with POS desired. (Quick Books preferred)
• Computer skills required
• Proficiency with Excel and Word and other MS application
• Reliable Transportation
• Some retail, customer service, and sales experience preferred.